5 Important Reasons to Hire Contract Staff
5) Financial – Benefits like life insurance, stock options, pension or portion of CPP/QPP or EI are not paid to independent Contractors allowing a company to have a stable cost base and better budget control
4) Flexible – Variable work load allows a company to tailor the work force to the load. Moreover projects that need to be done quickly can be accomplished by a contractor without disrupting the flow of larger projects that permanent staff are working on..
3) Evaluation – Matching a candidate with a specific company requires a good fit with the culture, the team and the project. Hiring the person as a contractor before offering a permanent position allows the company time to evaluate in an “on the job” situation whether it will be a good fit.
2) Faster – When specific expertise is required, a contractor with the specific experience can get the work done more quickly than an employee who requires a learning curve to get up to speed. The contractor also knows the potholes to avoid and can help avoid costly errors.
1) Perspective – Contractors because of their varied experience bring a fresh view and new ideas to the team that can ensure the success of the project.