1. Do you need a job this summer?
“The Ontario government — and its partners — offer many programs to help students find summer jobs. You need to apply for most programs. In some cases, the government can connect you to people who can help you with your job search.”
Visit https://www.ontario.ca/page/summer-jobs-students to learn more.
2. Of real interest:
You may also want to visit www.ontario.ca/summercompany
If you are between 15 and 29 years old, for “business training, mentoring and awards of up to $3,000 to start and run their own summer businesses”.
3. Other sources suggest various urls to visit:
4. Perhaps you are interested in a paid internship:
5. Elance.com OR upwork.com sites – bid on jobs OR offer your services
6. Other more traditional ideas:
Word of mouth
Calling local businesses
Knocking on doors
Raffling off your services (e.g. painting, writing, admin) to the highest bidder
Approaching laboratory and other scientific directors
University employment offices and web sites
Banks, drug stores, retail stores, big box stores
Many big corporations – call the HR departments